Seven Deadly Secrets: The Cast's Experience


Welcome back, fanatics of all things D&G! We’re halfway through week six and are already buzzing with excitement for opening night! Regarding the rehearsal process, our cast members are really getting to know their characters and the traits and personalities that come with them. We have also had a chance to think about what we love about Diarmuid and Gráinne and what we really want to amplify in the production. We asked eight members of cast and crew to tell us what they have learned and experienced by taking part in this production. Here’s what they told us!



“I love that we can display our current surroundings and raise awareness of topical issues while still offering the audience a slice of comedic value and an insight into a cultural myth without letting it get lost in the archives” – Shannon, Production Blogger

“I always knew my heart belongs to theatre but this show has helped me learn where I excel and what I want to pursue after college. I loved this experience and wouldn’t trade it for the world.” – Gráinne, Stage Management.

“A new understanding of mythology, a new interest in it. For every story that survives generations, there has to be a fundamental human truth to it. We’re reframing the truth to make it accessible to current generation” – Aoife, Assistant Director

"I loved getting the opportunity to work with such talented actors and my friends!" - Tara, Movement Director

"I have loved the creative process so far. Making the set, being a part of the chorus where you can try just about anything! And, of course, getting to see everyone's talent really come to the forefront" - Shane McDonagh, Stage Management 

“A deeper understanding of the work of the ensemble and how they fit together. The process has been so enjoyable, being part of a chorus” – May, Actress

“I feel that this production has pushed me physically as a performer. I love its intensity and fast paced nature. The most powerful part of this show is in the strength of the ensemble and I really hope that this shines in our final cut of our production” – Julie, Actress


 And that's what our cast members had to say! We can't wait for opening night so we can hear what you loved most about the show! We'll be back next week with more, keep an eye out, we'll be exploring the ensemble! 

Until next time!
The Cast and Crew









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diarmuid And Gráinne: The Facts!

Video Links

Welcome to Diarmuid And Gráinne!